Sexy Teasers
Content feed Comments Feed

Asin remains the only actress from the South to have made a successful transition to Hindi films in recent times, having tasted success within just three years of being in the Hindi film industry.

Three out of the four films she's done are in the list of the top 10 highest grossers of all time. " Ghajini", "Ready" and "Housefull 2" have all crossed the `100 crore (net collections) mark.

Asin has an enviable career success ratio in B-town when compared to contemporaries in the `100-crore list who have been in the industry for a decade or more.

Asin's next film is Rohit Shetty's "Bol Bachchan".

 Says the actress, "I am thrilled to have three films in the coveted 100-crore list. It is a function of luck, working with good people, growth in Bollywood and to some extent, my picking fun and emotional stories, which tend to do well. For me, it is not about the crores in collections, but entertaining such a big number of people. If the audience is happy, the rest follows. Collections are one factor, but more than anything, I'd like to work in films I'm passionate about. I love the new generation of filmmakers and hope I get to work with them."

She has also kept a relatively low profile compared to her peers. "I have to admit, my PR and networking skills suck!" she says, "I may get all self-righteous about it, but the fact is that PR matters. I come from the South, where self-marketing isn't naturally in the culture, so I've been deficient in that area. The good thing about downplaying myself is that when achievements come, people are positively surprised. I believe my work should do the talking."

Asin says her family is her support system. "It may sound like a cliche," she says, "but my family defines who I am and is my strongest support base. My parents have given me the right amount of independence to pursue my dreams, but at the same time, brought me up well and kept me grounded. There are absolutely no starry tantrums allowed at home! And that is why I don't have them on the sets." What about Mr Right? "Ah! Good men and good scripts - two things I'm looking for," she smiles, "So far, I've been lucky with the scripts. It's perhaps time to focus on finding the man."


0 comments

Post a Comment

Blog Archive